Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Ok, so at lockdown what percent humidity would you suggest? Anyone want to share what brand incubator they use? And since I'm new at this, do you lockdown in the incubator or another device? I'll just be keeping them in the brinsea.
Linda
I have a Brinsea too, and I fill both areas in the bottom when I go into lockdown. You an also add sponges or paper towels if you want to. I have 4 eggs going into lockdown tonight. Hatch day is Tuesday/Wed. :)

Ok, so at lockdown what percent humidity would you suggest? Anyone want to share what brand incubator they use? And since I'm new at this, do you lockdown in the incubator or another device? I'll just be keeping them in the brinsea.
Linda
My comments are based on the still air Hovabators I've used for a couple years now, so they likely wouldn't transfer to other brands, especially those with fans.

I've found the best lockdown humidity is 50% on day 18, slowly raised to 60-65% on day 20/21.

Ok, so sounds like those with brinsea mini fill the chambers as per manufacturer directions. Do you both use the single chamber during days 1-17? If olandsk dwarfs need less humidity to hatch then maybe it's not be necessary. I had water in the single chamber when atmospheric humidity was down to 20%, took the water out yesterday when atmospheric humidity rose with the coming rain. Lol. Winging it :/

Linda

Ok, so sounds like those with brinsea mini fill the chambers as per manufacturer directions. Do you both use the single chamber during days 1-17? If olandsk dwarfs need less humidity to hatch then maybe it's not be necessary. I had water in the single chamber when atmospheric humidity was down to 20%, took the water out yesterday when atmospheric humidity rose with the coming rain. Lol. Winging it
hmm.png

Linda
I followed manufacturer directions, so water was in the single chamber days 1-18.

Last edited:
Looks like those three eggs were really to be locked down today. Still wiggling, but no pips. They should be fine, though, since the humidity has been about 50% for the last couple of days.

Nine eggs in the incubator all developing on day 4, and two were a week and a half old! Sven's such a stud!

Back
Top Bottom