Old and new

MakoMark

Chirping
Mar 22, 2023
I'm old but new to chickens. Live in the Pacific Noth west, one mile from ocean. Got four chick's from local feed store and plans from Steamy kitchen palace coop. They are almost two weeks old and the coop is less then half built, problem is it just keeps raining. Anyone have issues with these plans?
MakoMark

Attachments

• Resized_20230322_094156.jpeg
    Resized_20230322_094156.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 12
I'm old but new to chickens. Live in the Pacific Noth west, one mile from ocean. Got four chick's from local feed store and plans from Steamy kitchen palace coop. They are almost two weeks old and the coop is less then half built, problem is it just keeps raining. Anyone have issues with these plans?
MakoMark
Welcome to BYC!!

Funny, I used pt for base but not for uprights. I built a back porch and changed to all cedar so I had the fir. Rest of shed is made of fir. I use a stain from Stain and Seal Experts that really lasts compared to most. It doesn't flake off, the entire frame will be stained and is OK for chickens. I was also afraid that the copper in the PT might harm the chickens. I was going to make it from cedar but the cost was over double and not sure the chickens would like the smell? I'm 70 and this coop should outlast me. See picture of newly built back porch.

Attachments

• 20230318_110913_resized.jpg
    20230318_110913_resized.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 3
Funny, I used pt for base but not for uprights. I built a back porch and changed to all cedar so I had the fir. Rest of shed is made of fir. I use a stain from Stain and Seal Experts that really lasts compared to most. It doesn't flake off, the entire frame will be stained and is OK for chickens. I was also afraid that the copper in the PT might harm the chickens. I was going to make it from cedar but the cost was over double and not sure the chickens would like the smell? I'm 70 and this coop should outlast me. See picture of newly built back porch.
Very cute coop! 😍

Back
Top Bottom