Old and Rare Breeds

North East Tennessee in the mountains I am getting SFH soon and want another breed to keep separate from the SFH of course.

YHF,
Joe I don't have such a link. As a matter of fact, the fellow doing this Maryland/W.Va area has not contacted me in more than 6 or 7 months now.

How would you place silkies and rapanui fowl in this scale. Which is a great way if viewing it. I am relatively new to conservation breeding since I have only been focused on it for about a year. Before that I just kept a flock of barnyard mixes. Now I have several projects and conservation flocks.
Silkies are indeed a very old breed. Whether of not they could be classed as Ancient, I just don't know; mainly, because I'm not a Silkie fan. What I like, I'm going to research more than others, but that doesn't mean those other breeds are somehow unworthy. It's just my likes and dislikes.

Silkies are indeed a very old breed. Whether of not they could be classed as Ancient, I just don't know; mainly, because I'm not a Silkie fan. What I like, I'm going to research more than others, but that doesn't mean those other breeds are somehow unworthy. It's just my likes and dislikes.
Okay thanks for the response and starting this thread.

Thank you all for your responses
TM,
Part of what you want to keep in mind is ease of access. The South in general is saturated with good high quality Games. I have several well known strains. I have selected according to the APA Standard for OEG and have done very well at the Shows. Our area, VA, NC, and SC also has a history of excellent Asil, Malay and Shamo.

TM,
Part of what you want to keep in mind is ease of access. The South in general is saturated with good high quality Games. I have several well known strains. I have selected according to the APA Standard for OEG and have done very well at the Shows. Our area, VA, NC, and SC also has a history of excellent Asil, Malay and Shamo.
I agree completely when I first tried to get into Penedesenca it was a nightmare. really almost turned me off .
luckliy I finally stumbled onto some and Empordanesa too.

Now I love them so much I'm addicted but had another month gone by I might have something else now

Back
Top Bottom