Old Building/Renovating to Coop- Updated

Real nice, what are the plans for the outside? If you decide they make a paint for the metal roofing thats cheap if you want to try and match everything up. I really like your coop nice and open. Good Job.

Real nice, what are the plans for the outside? If you decide they make a paint for the metal roofing thats cheap if you want to try and match everything up. I really like your coop nice and open. Good Job.
Thanks!
smile.png
We are painting the metal roof. Heading in to pick that up this week. Would eventually like to put siding on the exterior, but for now it's being power washed and then painted. I am already loving the space we have open for storage and moving around. The chickens are loving all their space too.
smile.png

Id keep the wood outside a good power washing and some paint it'll be good to go, Glad your painting your roof I was trying to drop a hint it stood right out at me, But You def have a nice coop there.

Thanks!
smile.png
We are painting the metal roof. Heading in to pick that up this week. Would eventually like to put siding on the exterior, but for now it's being power washed and then painted. I am already loving the space we have open for storage and moving around. The chickens are loving all their space too.
smile.png
as hot as it is, with a little precaution my dad beleived that hot weather was the perfect weather for painting metal roofs

It's coming along. The interior is done except for mounting permanent roosts and installing the nesting boxes.

We still have to paint the exterior and the metal roof.

We had to move to building the run, which was a real project because the building....and the run....are on a slope. So, here's some photos of what we've accomplished! A 16x20 run......completely enclosed with automatic (pullet shut) chicken door. :)

We put insulation in the side walls when we put up the OSB just to cut down on drafts at chicken level during cold, windy winter days.

Back
Top Bottom