Old camping trailer as chicken house.

70monte

Songster
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
Aurora, MO
Has anyone ever used an old camping trailer as a chicken house? I would like to get some chickens again and have been thinking of building a chicken house. I was checking out CL today and saw a gutted out camping trailer for sale. He is asking $600. He just called me. He said its about 22ft long. It still has a refrigerator and roof air that works. Everything else has been removed. It does still have carpet on the floor which would have to be removed. So, has anyone ever used an old camper as a chicken house? Thanks.

Wayne

i aint never used 1 as a chicken house but the size of the trailer for the money, i dont see how u could beat it, as long as it is still secure
by the way its a
great idea

First off let me say
welcome-byc.gif
. It's a great bunch of folks here.
We built our chicken coop out of our old mobile home trailer and it works fine for us. Maybe not so pretty, but it works, so I see no problem with it.

I say - if you got the space - why not???
You will want to make sure you got enough ventilation and such for your chickens. Will you attach a run or keep them inside all the time? How many chickens were you thinking about keeping?

These and many other questions will need to be addressed before you make a final decision.

cool it would make an awsome coop, plenty of room, etc the only thing i would be concerned about is ventilation,

I know I saw on here that someone had pics of their coop that they made out of a mobile home. They landscaped around it with some vines that grew up on it and it looked very nice. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could find a nice deal like that.
thumbsup.gif

I think it is a great idea! Plus the chickens have a fridge for their beer and ac! what a deal! I say go for it, you can always punch holes in it for ventilation and put in a nice fence for a run.

Take pics when you do it.

Quote:
Those chickens just kept on comin' out! I would like to see the inside of that trailer, whew!

Back
Top Bottom