Old chicken limping :(

missgirllover

Hatching
May 23, 2021
Hi so my chicken (well my sisters but i care for her more) has been limping for as long as i can remember. I think it started around the time we let her walk freely around my place. Well her limping recently had been getting worse. I just now noticed she’s not able to scratch due to her off leg :(. I don’t want her to continue suffering. I believe she might have a spaddled foot or a sprain, but i don’t want to give her aspirin in case something happens to her. I definitely know it is not bumble foot I checked for that immediately! Someone please help :(.

Is it swollen? How old is she? What feed do you give her? What breed is she? How long did she have this limp for? Lol it’s a lot of questions but it helps 🤷🏼‍♀️😊
Her foot is not swollen, she is 5 months old, i feed her a mixture of dried corn and seeds, she is a sussex, and i believe she started limping at 2 weeks. It’s okay! I just want to give my baby help ❤️

Her foot is not swollen, she is 5 months old, i feed her a mixture of dried corn and seeds, she is a sussex, and i believe she started limping at 2 weeks. It’s okay! I just want to give my baby help ❤️
Hmm, does it look like it hurts? Is there like no use in that leg or does she not want to put pressure on it. I know it can be very frustrating when your trying to help them. 💖

Hmm, does it look like it hurts? Is there like no use in that leg or does she not want to put pressure on it. I know it can be very frustrating when your trying to help them. 💖
Yes it does! She tried to apply as little pressure on it as possible when she’s walking, but when she’s standing she seems to be alright. She also lays on her side and sticks the off foot out as well!

Ooh that sounds bad! Maybe she has a twisted foot/ankle? You should get a X-ray . I’m really worried
I’m thinking of taking her tuesday due to work business I haven’t had the time but now it’s very serious and one of my top priorities! Thank you so much ❤️

Back
Top Bottom