Old chickens!

Or go buy an old bird like Alicia did! XD

Yup, saw them at a poultry sale. I could have bought young, show quality call ducks, but no, saw these two skinny, scruffy ducks and I said "these guys are for me!" so I paid way more then they were worth >.< But I didn't regret it one bit :) If it weren't for the fact that fox tore through my fencing and killed my flock, I would still have them no doubt..... All I know is when that fox broke in, he had one heck of a time with my old gal, cause when I found them there was red fur EVERYWHERE!
Rest in peace Cinnamon and Sargent, you were one of the best pets I ever had :)

Sorry that they died!
hugs.gif

I've posted this pic before but it fits here so I'll post it again. This is Roz.

I've had her for four years now but she was an old hen when I got her. She had two owners before she came here. I'd guess her to be at least seven. She had 'stew hen' written all over her when I got her but has since won a spot in my heart that will allow her to live out her days without fear of the hatchet. She hangs out with another old barred rock hen that we call Gabby. Gabby 'talks' to us, the dog, the other chickens, to rabbits, to herself....

I've posted this pic before but it fits here so I'll post it again. This is Roz.

I've had her for four years now but she was an old hen when I got her. She had two owners before she came here. I'd guess her to be at least seven. She had 'stew hen' written all over her when I got her but has since won a spot in my heart that will allow her to live out her days without fear of the hatchet. She hangs out with another old barred rock hen that we call Gabby. Gabby 'talks' to us, the dog, the other chickens, to rabbits, to herself....
So adorable!

Back
Top Bottom