Old dog-When to say goodbye

first of all I want to say how sorry I am for the passing of your dog. Second of all I want to apologize for the callousness of the receptionist. Oh girllll I would have been hot under the collar after I left. I am always one for a scathing phone call since I always speak my mind but I also understand you're grieving. If the doctor is good there, consider calling and having a heart to heart about your experience. Don't let one insensitive (word I should not type) taint the memories of you and your pet. take care.

Sending you a big hug, I hope you are ok..... At our vets they never expect you to pay for PTS at the time, they send a bill at a later date, they also send a condolence card! Bit of a difference, and all the receptionists are lovely, they are all animal lovers and understand what people are going through...... I would make a complaint personally X

Definitely sounds like the kindest thing to do is euthanize. Very difficult, and brave, thing to do for a beloved pet. Best wishes.

Many veterinary personnel are improperly trained to handle euthanasia appointments. They simply don't understand the importance of the 'last' visit. Once you are able, I'd write a note to the owner of the clinic and let them know what happened. While the receptionist may not be fired, hopefully someone will take action and give her some training. Very sorry your last moment with your beloved pet was unnecessarily darkened by rude behavior.

Over the years as a vet tech, I learned it never hurts to cry with the owner.

You faced a tough decision and made the right choice.
hugs.gif

I would lodge a complaint about the receptionist with the veterinarian.

Yeah definitely say something about the receptionist. As vets (and vet students) we take euthanasia VERY seriously. I doubt they would allow behavior like that if they knew it was going on!

Back
Top Bottom