Old English Game Bantam, D'uccle Cross?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all!
We recently found out one of our baby chicks was a rooster. Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam. We will be putting him (If he isn't too aggressive) with our Polish hen and 4 other Mille Fleur D'uccles hens. I don't plan on breeding them but I was wondering if anybody knew if they were compatible to breed, and if so, had any pictures of them. I thought it might be a fun combination if they were compatible.
Thanks in advance!

All breeds are compatible to breed (except maybe seramas and jersey giants).
In the d’uccle cross, females offspring will be silver and male offspring will be silver/gold split (having both a gene for silver and gold), they will appear silver with some yellowing or possibly red leakage. The first generation cross will not have mottling (the white spots Mille fleur d’uccles have) because it’s a recessive gene. If you crossed back to any mottled breed, or crossed the first generation together, you’d get more mottling. As for the pattern of the F1, they’ll be silver with some black leakage, in the chest area for males and on the back area for females. It could vary a lot.
They will also probably have small beards and lightly feathered legs.
Polish x OEGB (assuming your polish is white crested black) will give you mostly black offspring with small crests, probably interesting combs, and silver leakage.
@MysteryChicken has a d’uccle x OEGB roo, I believe.

All breeds are compatible to breed (except maybe seramas and jersey giants).
In the d’uccle cross, females offspring will be silver and male offspring will be silver/gold split (having both a gene for silver and gold), they will appear silver with some yellowing or possibly red leakage. The first generation cross will not have mottling (the white spots Mille fleur d’uccles have) because it’s a recessive gene. If you crossed back to any mottled breed, or crossed the first generation together, you’d get more mottling. As for the pattern of the F1, they’ll be silver with some black leakage, in the chest area for males and on the back area for females. It could vary a lot.
They will also probably have small beards and lightly feathered legs.
Polish x OEGB (assuming your polish is white crested black) will give you mostly black offspring with small crests, probably interesting combs, and silver leakage.
@MysteryChicken has a d’uccle x OEGB roo, I believe.
Yes, I have a Mille Fleur D'uccle/OEGB cross, named Squeakers.

Here he is, this is the most recent picture I have. It's from 2019.
1118191032a.jpg
1118191032.jpg

Back
Top Bottom