*Old English Game Bantam Show! Let the "Games" begin!~~Ends 9-1-2011!*

Ok guys, put your spurs away, lol. Now chickenwrangler, I am stating this as a fact, not trying to discredit your rooster in any way. OEG Bantams do not have Peacombs, the ones with the little short combs have been dubbed for show. Dubbing is where the comb, wattles, and earlobes are carved off with a pair of sharp sheers and it's absolutely required in a real show. I on the other hand like the natural combed birds as well as the dubbed, so I allow them in my show
smile.png
. OEGs also don't have green legs, they have pinkish white or bluish grey legs (except for younger birds which have yellow legs). I'm not saying that it isn't a game bird, just saying it's not an Old English one. Maybe a Pit Game or a cross like Old Rando and cubakid said. And happychickenlover, "That Thing" isn't a very flattering word to use refering to somebodies pet chicken, no matter how un Old English like the bird in question is. Oh, and thanks everybody for the female and chick pics! I now have enough to actually perform a fair judging! Thanks everyone!
big_smile.png
And no more fighting, cuz I'll be watching you....
caf.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
Wow, just looked at my calendar and today is judgeing day!
ep.gif
I should probably start judging your entries tonight then, lol!
big_smile.png
You should here from me announcing the winners tonight or sometime tomorrow!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the info diamond - I have been trying to find out what kind of bird he really is, american game I guess - when I saw the picture in the 'standard' he looks like that color combo (didn't know then about dubbing either) I see he looks like that, he does have green legs, and came from a green egg (I was told that- as well as original stock was oeg, I suppose he's just a mutt - he was just black with some white as a chick and turned into a very unusual looking bird, but the pattern tells me he is something along those genetic lines (he does love a good fight too,and very flightly) given the background, I am thinking of petitioning to start a new breed of chicken - maybe the appalachian mountain chicken - ha ha ha

Achickenwrangler#1 :

Thanks for the info diamond - I have been trying to find out what kind of bird he really is, american game I guess - when I saw the picture in the 'standard' he looks like that color combo (didn't know then about dubbing either) I see he looks like that, he does have green legs, and came from a green egg (I was told that- as well as original stock was oeg, I suppose he's just a mutt - he was just black with some white as a chick and turned into a very unusual looking bird, but the pattern tells me he is something along those genetic lines (he does love a good fight too,and very flightly) given the background, I am thinking of petitioning to start a new breed of chicken - maybe the appalachian mountain chicken - ha ha ha

ChickenWrangler, he is a very beautiful bird! Might make a very nice Appalachian Mountain Breed!
thumbsup.gif

Achickenwrangler#1 :

Hmm, if he came from a green egg, his mother was either an Araucan or Ameraucana (Also known as Easter Eggers). That's probably where he got the little wattles, peacomb, and green legs. He might even be half OEG on his fathers side, who knows. Also, where are you at in the Appalachians? Weve been talking about moving to Cherokee, NC and was wondering what the weather is like down there. Do you have any major predator problems, like bears, big cats, snakes, and fire ants?​

Quote:
Oh NO!!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
What happened to her?

I'm not sure... I think it had something to do with her extremely small size though
hit.gif

Yeah, from the pics she was a lot tinier than normal. The combination of her size and and the weather that's been going around lately is probably what got to her. I lost a little BB Red Pullet last year and it broke my heart. I'm so sorry for your loss.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom