Old English Game? Phoenix? And what color?

Oh good, someone who knows!!!!
big_smile.png

Very pretty bird I might add.

I want some!!!!!
big_smile.png

2nd that shes a ginger red, But honestly i have to disagree with her being a phoenix, And a OE. tails too long to be a full blooded OE. and honestly. she doesn't have the look.. shes slender bodied. and in my opinion.. not a long enough tail for a phoenix.. maybe a cross?

-Daniel

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for their help. I appreciate all the input on what she might be. I do know that she didn't come from Ideal, she came from Mt. Healthy Hatchery in Cincinnati, as that is where our TSC gets their birds. I have written to them to ask what possible breeds of bantams they have, maybe they will reply.

She was hatched in late March, so she is only a little over 4 months old, so I don't know what effect that might have on how she might look when she matures.

Thanks again everyone!

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for their help. I appreciate all the input on what she might be. I do know that she didn't come from Ideal, she came from Mt. Healthy Hatchery in Cincinnati, as that is where our TSC gets their birds. I have written to them to ask what possible breeds of bantams they have, maybe they will reply.

She was hatched in late March, so she is only a little over 4 months old, so I don't know what effect that might have on how she might look when she matures.

Thanks again everyone!

4 months?.. Yeah possible a phoenix then lol. shes still young so has some growing left to do. but i didn't know phoenix's had a ginger red color? I bet a rooster would be beautiful
big_smile.png

But the tails on a Phoenix hen are really not very much longer than an OE. Now the cushion just in front of the tail is much fuller than a regular bird and good hens have so many feathers there that they almost stand up.

Hi all, last summer when I first joined BYC I posted a pic of a TSC-purchased pullet we thought was an OEGB, asking if that was what she was, and what color she is. There was some debate about what breed she is, and what color she is. At the time she was 4 months old and it was thought that might affect the guesses of her breed. Here is a new pic of her today:
13990_2009_0328cleo0003a.jpg

Here is a pic of her daughters she hatched out last fall with a Mille Fleur D'Uccle rooster if seeing how the combo mixes together gives any other ideas.
13990_2009_0328cleo0006a.jpg

I need to place the 4 of them, and I'd like to be able to say what the heck they are in the ad if anyone knows for sure.
wink.png

Thanks for your input!

mmmm certainly matured into a beauty, Shes a ginger red and matured out to a OEG standard.. but what other breeds do MT. Hatchery have that look like that? Do they have standard Oe's?

EDIT: well after inspection MT. Healthy hatchery has NO Old englishs, nor phoenixs.. So we were all wrong
lol.png
... and honestly i can't see any breed that looks like her on their website, the only close ones are Brown leghorns, OR EEs.. EE's is likely since they throw too many colors but i've never seen one like her, they always have that "EE look".

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi, thanks to all for the answers, I will see what other info I can offer. She isn't a standard, she is very small, her 1 daughter is actually bigger than she is. Mt Healthy wasn't very cooperative, but I kept writing back with more questions until I got an answer from them. First they said:

"We are finished hatching the bantams until next March, some of the breeds we have in our are the Golden Seabrights, Red Pile old English, Mile Fluer black and white Silkies"

When I wrote back again to ask about if they had phoenix or not they said:

"We are not sure of the exact breeds, we buy the eggs and do have our own flocks on the bantams, when the eggs come in the breeds are all mixed and we are not told which ones are in there.

Thank you
Mt Healthy Hatcheries"

I think she meant they doN'T have their own flocks of bantams. Either way, they have no idea what kind of bantams they have, and it could be just about anything.
smile.png
Thanks again!

Quote:
Hi, thanks to all for the answers, I will see what other info I can offer. She isn't a standard, she is very small, her 1 daughter is actually bigger than she is. Mt Healthy wasn't very cooperative, but I kept writing back with more questions until I got an answer from them. First they said:

"We are finished hatching the bantams until next March, some of the breeds we have in our are the Golden Seabrights, Red Pile old English, Mile Fluer black and white Silkies"

When I wrote back again to ask about if they had phoenix or not they said:

"We are not sure of the exact breeds, we buy the eggs and do have our own flocks on the bantams, when the eggs come in the breeds are all mixed and we are not told which ones are in there.

Thank you
Mt Healthy Hatcheries"

I think she meant they doN'T have their own flocks of bantams. Either way, they have no idea what kind of bantams they have, and it could be just about anything.
smile.png
Thanks again!

alright then yeah, ginger red oegb.. the only thing is white earlobes.. of course that pops up in old english's and other games from time to time..

Back
Top Bottom