Old English Game ........

Yes I have a Lemon-Blue or Chocolate? Old English He's gorgeous but he's boss outa my 2 roosters, he's shy around people but lets you hold him.

Random667.jpg

Random666.jpg

Random263.jpg

Here he is as a chick on the far left the dark grey one.

That guy is beautiful! I think I am going to have to rehome one of the roos, If the 2 roos are not getting along right now they probably won't when they are older, right???

That was my fear, I will be sad to see one go to anew home, but hopefully someone will get him that can give a great life...

Sounds like your little roos are a straight comb and a pea comb. To keep from getting another roo, I'd stear clear of any that are getting black feathers in their bodies. Checking comb size doesn't always work with American Gamefowl since a pea comb rooster will seem to have a smaller comb than a straight comb pullet will. Old english only come straight comb, since you are seeing pea combs in the ones you have I would bet they are American Games. The hens will be the best incubator/brooders that you will ever own. The colors and personalities in these birds make them a blast to raise, even though they may take a little extra care when it comes to penning them. You might want to do a little research on the various color patterns of gamefowl so that you can familiarize yourself with what to look for as per hens. Good luck with your little birds and post us some more pics as they grow older...

Back
Top Bottom