Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

If I am already in one hatch-a-long for September, does that disqualify me from this one. I have a N.H. that is sitting on 9 duck eggs. I bought her in February at t.s.c. and decided to let her try after five attempts at stopping her didn't seem too deter her a bit.

My first time broody Henrietta the white Wyandotte, is amazing. I had a 2 week old splash Orpington that is from a disaster hatch of only 3. Sky is the smallest and colder than the rest, as she is always crying. Popped her under Henrietta as she was still hatching her clutch. She just took on the bigger baby no problems. Just wonderful!

Last edited:
So much for being a production layer...my Sex-Link hen has gone broody yet again! But I don't mind that she spends more time setting than she does laying, as she is a fantastic mamma. Now I just have to find some fertile eggs to go under her.
big_smile.png

Is there a reason why my broodys poop has not firmed back up after two weeks since chicks hatched? She is eating medicated food with them.

How do I keep her from eating it? I have regular chick starter up higher for her and she does eat that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom