Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

perchie.girl :

Oh goodie I am so glad you winged it ..... Pardon the pun
gig.gif
I had been worrying about you since you first posted in the guinea area...

congratulations on success
celebrate.gif
Pix please
pop.gif
caf.gif

LOL I didn't even notice the accidental pun! I only have one decent picture so far, just some keets.
22291_imgp0966.jpg

Well, actually there's also a BRx in the back, and a Brown Leghorn x on the far left (Dad of both is Production Red).

While taking the pix I saw that one of the keets had gotten terribly badly pecked on the back of the head (see my threads in Emergencies and also the Guinea forum) So the afternoon quickly changed to dealing with that. She's resting nicely indoors now and may have a chance.

I'll get more pix later...​

Quote:
LOL I didn't even notice the accidental pun! I only have one decent picture so far, just some keets.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/22291_imgp0966.jpg
Well, actually there's also a BRx in the back, and a Brown Leghorn x on the far left (Dad of both is Production Red).

While taking the pix I saw that one of the keets had gotten terribly badly pecked on the back of the head (see my threads in Emergencies and also the Guinea forum) So the afternoon quickly changed to dealing with that. She's resting nicely indoors now and may have a chance.

I'll get more pix later...

Oh how cute are they..... with their wittle stwiped heads....
love.gif
Reminds me of when i got my Pterodactyls.... hee hee All that cute little peeping turning into Chi Chi Chi ing....

perchie.girl :

Quote:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/22291_imgp0966.jpg

I'll get more pix later...

Oh how cute are they..... with their wittle stwiped heads....
love.gif
Reminds me of when i got my Pterodactyls.... hee hee All that cute little peeping turning into Chi Chi Chi ing....​

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
What you really need is some baby Emus......
tongue.png

Yeah, I'll tell DH right away! They are supposed to be good meaties, right? Seriously, I googled them and they are pretty darn cute too... Love the stripes!
Just brought home the new chicks to add tonight. Even more cuteness! I love my birdies.
love.gif

Quote:
When I got my Thirty Keets I had them all in a big tub with their lamp. Besides the peeping... All I could hear was their thumping feet as they jack booted all over the place..... Woe the little one who couldn't keep up.... they get Jack booted.... Of course they didn't have a momma to keep track of them. They grow incredibly fast too. Mine were flying by two weeks.

Quote:
LOL! I'll try - I have a history of very unsuccessful chick pics.

OK, here we go.
First, the whole gang. One keet in the back left is only showing his pretty red feet! But it's the best pic of momma - she's such a good broody, and not even supposed to be a broody breed.
22291_imgp0988.jpg

Next, two BRxProdRed and parts of 2 keets. (And momma's pretty face) I have a cat like these two keets - 9 years and I can't get a picture of her entire body!
22291_imgp1017.jpg

Last, we have the first hatched - he's so big there's a whole keet behind him and you only see one foot! This one is a Brown Leghorn x Prod Red - I'm expecting prettiness whether it's a boy or a girl. The two BRs are off to the right in the pic.
22291_imgp0993.jpg

BTW, it took about 25 attempts to get these 3 shots!

My Light Sussex hen is due to hatch her babies today ( 4 Seramas)..so far no action.

Last night I moved her out of the hutch with the other Sussex, and into a large dog carrier. This morning when I checked on her she was sitting on the hay about 1/2 ft. away from her nest...I thought OMG she has a baby...but alas NO?
th.gif
I don't know what she was doing, hopefully her eggs didn't get too cold!
fl.gif

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom