Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

If you wait that long Don't candle because by then the ducklings will be growing.

oh I forgot about that
lau.gif
When do I candle?

She's off the nest eating drinking and too a poop. Hopefully she will get back on
fl.gif
fl.gif

oh I forgot about that
lau.gif
When do I candle?

She's off the nest eating drinking and too a poop. Hopefully she will get back on
fl.gif
fl.gif
lets see she has been sitting for how long now consistent? I know she was still laying but wasn't she also sitting pretty much the whole time too?

lets see she has been sitting for how long now consistent? I know she was still laying but wasn't she also sitting pretty much the whole time too?

Yeah she was still laying but also was sitting but getting up alot . Today is the first day what shes only gotten up once & went back in after 30 min.

Yeah she was still laying but also was sitting but getting up alot . Today is the first day what shes only gotten up once & went back in after 30 min.
when was the last time you saw them mate? and how long was she sitting part time before today? reason I'm asking is if they haven't mated in a couple weeks her recent eggs may not be fertile I can't remember how long eggs can be fertile when mating stops. I was going to say go in next time she is out and just remove the oldest eggs till you get the number you want her to sit. Do you remember how long it's been since she stated laying in the nest?

Back
Top Bottom