Old favorite hen acting odd and smells terrible!

Have you dealt with respiratory illness in your flock previously?

Check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

Feel her abdomen below the vent between her legs for bloat or fluid.

It could be respiratory illness, but I'd try to rule out the crop and reproductive - both of which I've found can sound a bit like respiratory distress.

It could be respiratory illness, but I'd try to rule out the crop and reproductive - both of which I've found can sound a bit like respiratory distress.
Yes she's had MG before in the past tylan always fixed her right up usually. My problem is giving it to her im scared ill aspirate her. I wish I could inject in skin. I'll make a video of the awful noise she's making.

@Wyorp Rock

Last edited:
I just injected her first time ever I didn't see any liquid come out so I guess I did it right?
Poor girl!

Is her crop emptying?
Swelling in the abdomen?

It needs to be injected into the breast muscle at least twice a day, ideally three. But that's a lot of needle sticks over 5 days. Tylan is known to cause injection sight necrosis too.
Is there any way you can give it orally? I know it tastes bad and she's struggling. Perhaps aim for twice a day injection and up your dose?

20220928_153330.jpg

Back
Top Bottom