Old fenced area converted to chicken coop

Got a tractor to go with that old snow thrower?
That’s my baby. Old John Deer 210 it was my wife’s grandfathers then it sat here in the lawn for probably 8 years while her dad lived here and I resurrected it for a driveway machine and it’s new job will be the mini-farm tractor. Just need to get it a good wagon for the back.

funny because when I got here4 years ago I purchased a brandy new cub cadet to do the lawn (1.5 acre approx.) and go to it now it struggles to start already, that John Deer starts every time I sit on it.

If your run area is large enough you can divide it and go with 2 chicken doors to access the different sides -- allowing the other to rest and grow fresh greenery.

My daughter's mother-in-law has her run set up that way and uses the idle side as her garden, swapping each year.
I have my garden smack in the center of the run this year, it was my goat pen and has very very fertile ground. Got sprouts coming up everywhere

That’s my baby. Old John Deer 210 it was my wife’s grandfathers then it sat here in the lawn for probably 8 years while her dad lived here and I resurrected it for a driveway machine and it’s new job will be the mini-farm tractor. Just need to get it a good wagon for the back.

funny because when I got here4 years ago I purchased a brandy new cub cadet to do the lawn (1.5 acre approx.) and go to it now it struggles to start already, that John Deer starts every time I sit on it.
They are little beasts!
I've had a 214(engine rebuilt to .003 then fried a decade later) and now a 216.
Mow, Throw, and, Tow it does it all.

Got a tractor to go with that old snow thrower?

love this tractor
image.jpg

Whelp, I put the very very last post of the outdoor chicken run in place this evening. Very happy that task is checked off and completed, tomorrow I will build the gate/gates (haven’t decided on entry points and #of entryway into the run yet) and do windows.

not coming along as fast as I want but it is coming along just fine.

The gang got their first look out into the run today. I took some time and added some windows and the chicken door 😝. They were a weeeeee bit timid but I’m not surprised because I had just cut the door. I think my EE and my 3 Australops will still fit through the chain link so I am being very much ontop of them. I am excited for the day of just open the door and they are relatively safe. Little while longer they will be big enough they cannot escape 3D064FD0-EBB6-4AFB-B88C-FE5C60BFB96D.jpeg 26E23B61-17BE-41CD-8C37-84653F5A11B2.jpeg DB8F8983-1C26-44BE-827F-240D1E10D671.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom