Old guy 1959 - New member 2017

Hello and welcome from another New Egg. Interesting story/life! You can't be old because you're only a few years older than me and I'm not there yet
smile.png

Welcome! Wow your life sounds very exciting! I myself share your love of reptiles (and chickens) along with many other of our animal kingdom. In my ponit of view all our animal friends have their place in this world, even the ones people don't like or understand. I wish you the best finding the chicken breed of your dreams :)

Thanks Wavechickens,....Hmmm..that name....I wonder if you are a surfer?..As I've been since 1970.
Yes, all animals do have an important place, it's mankind that sort of doesn't fit in.
Or at least we are the only link you can remove from the chain, having no ill consequence.

Well, I did come across a breed that I want to get involved in.
It's called the Long Tail Parrot Beak Aseel
These birds look like small dinosaurs, and happen to be very smart.
It's a breed that needs to rise above it's conservation status.
Currently it's critically endangered, possibly extinct in the wild.
The people in Pakistan and India who love and raise them, do it in poor conditions, often the birds leg is tethered to something, and the coops look like filthy prisons.
I would love to get a breeding program going, involving serious keepers spread out across the USA.
Could you imagine Americans breeding these birds?
They would be treated like royalty.
Receiving only the best living conditions and diet, they would become larger and attain lustrous, and more colorful feathering.
See videos;
A large male can stand tall at 3+ft. -
Here's some chicks -

Thanks Wave chickens <---I wonder if that name means you're a surfer, as I have been since 1970.
Thanks for the well wishing, I think it worked, as I just recently found the Breed that most interests me.
It's a critically endangered species, and maybe extinct from the wild in it's country of origin.
The people who love and breed these birds from Pakistan and India, do so in poor conditions.
The birds living quarters look like filthy prisons, and the birds are often tethered by their leg to something.
These birds look prehistoric, and are as close as you could get to having a pet dinosaur.
They're called: *Long Tail Parrot Beak Aseel* <Google Images of that. Or look at their chicks on YouTube, (chicks look the most prehistoric).

I would love to start a breeding program involving other serious keepers, and spread out across the USA.
Could you imagine Americans breeding these birds with high quality diets and living conditions?
I would imagine they would become larger, and have more vibrant colors, with lustrous feathering.
Oh, BTW, Large males of this breed, when standing tall, can reach just over 3 ft.

Back
Top Bottom