Old hen toe issue.

Woodsman Rick

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 12, 2017
We inherited a flock of elderly chickens a couple of years ago. Came with our farm. They were said to be ten or eleven at that time so they are twelve or thirteen now.

One of our hens recently had a toe curl all the way under. Not at all sure what happened, what a cause might be or what might be done to help.

She is not moving around as much as she used to but does still move around some.

Has anyone had this happed to an older hen?

Anything I might do to help without stressing her out, hurting her or making things worse?

She is a very much loved pet...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

We inherited a flock of elderly chickens a couple of years ago. Came with our farm. They were said to be ten or eleven at that time so they are twelve or thirteen now.

One of our hens recently had a toe curl all the way under. Not at all sure what happened, what a cause might be or what might be done to help.

She is not moving around as much as she used to but does still move around some.

Has anyone had this happed to an older hen?

Anything I might do to help without stressing her out, hurting her or making things worse?

She is a very much loved pet...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Can you post some photos of your hen and the foot?

Good news! I'm not sure what happened or how it happened, but her toe is no longer curled under. I had even built her a handicap ramp up to her box. her toe was tucked under so tightly it looked like it was missing!

She had not come out much lately and i had to clean her nesting box daily, but she's out today and seems to be fine and enjoying the day!

i am posting an image even her feet seem fine now.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom