OLD incubator

Honestly I can't stand those electronic thermostat models. They have never maintained temps for me and I've had them spike temps and ruin whole batches often enough that I won't even use them.
I love the old wafer models.
Thanks. Gonna give it a shot w some of my own eggs. Hopefully it will run ok! Temp since 6pm has been steady. Put my govee in there to monitor over the next few days.

Thanks. Gonna give it a shot w some of my own eggs. Hopefully it will run ok! Temp since 6pm has been steady. Put my govee in there to monitor over the next few days.
I think it helps greatly if the location you have it in maintains a relative stable temp.
I don't have central air or anything so temps in my house changed with the temps outside.
I've got my hatchers in my bedroom now days with a more stable environment. Maybe I'll set up one of my LGs and see how it does. I've got 6 of them that I never use.
Or hell maybe I should just sell them cheap.on CL and use the proceeds to buy 3 more wafer hova-bators.

That’s the incubator I started with years ago and today it has 3 Turkey eggs in it hatching. It is a little quirky in temperature fluctuations but stays steady for the most part. I found with mine in south Alabama when we get cold fronts it helps to lay a beach towel over it to steady the temp. Mine is in a garage. Also the humidity will go haywire at lockdown sometimes. I bought a humidikit to help that and it’s my most reliable incubator now. I also have the newer digital farm innovators and the nurture right.

Rooting for you!

There is nothing cooler than running old equipment and getting the job done.

Would love to see the first hatch progress.
Thanks! I think I’m going to set some eggs on Saturday and give it a test run. The lady who buys chicks from me wantrd more than I could fit in my other incubators (Nr360 & Kebonnix), so any extra I get from this will just be a bonus! I’ll update the hatch here so everyone can see how it goes.
That’s the incubator I started with years ago and today it has 3 Turkey eggs in it hatching. It is a little quirky in temperature fluctuations but stays steady for the most part. I found with mine in south Alabama when we get cold fronts it helps to lay a beach towel over it to steady the temp. Mine is in a garage. Also the humidity will go haywire at lockdown sometimes. I bought a humidikit to help that and it’s my most reliable incubator now. I also have the newer digital farm innovators and the nurture right.
Thanks that is super helpful! We actually had a cold front come through last night to freezing temps. It is in the room next to where our fireplace is so slightly cooler at night (we keep the floorboard heating on when it drops too low), and when I woke up it was at 99.9 which is low but not scary low. I’ll try a towel over it tonight to see if there’s any difference. Average temp for the evening on the govee was 101 on the dot.

Back
Top Bottom