Old Rooster new to BYC

Thank you, we don't believe in being disrepectful to God's creation either. I do harvest animals for food, but never in a cruel manner, and we are always thankful for them.
God made animals as a food source for us. I am not a vegetarian by any means. My battle is with the factory farms that give chickens no space so they cannot perch or dust bath, trim their beaks so that they are in chronic pain for the rest of their lives, keep them in cages, or say they are free ranging but they are shoved into spaces that have less than 1 sq/ft per chicken, and then discard them when they are done with them. And the boys, well they just grind or suffocate them alive right after they are born. Over 80% of the chickens in the United States are kept in this environment. We, and others like us, either backyard or pasture raised - are unfortunately, the minority. But, we are growing. There is a member here @Layniep3 who just adopted 4-hens that were rescued by a great man from a factory farm (he rescued 500). When she posted pictures of what they looked like when she got them, I was so sad and angry. Why is this legal? It saddens me so much.

Attachments

• factory farm for hens.png
    factory farm for hens.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom