Olive Egger, Black Copper Marans, Russian Orloff, Australorp X ???

SamSWIA

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
I got some chicks from a man on craigslist, which were supposed to be olive egger, black copper marans, Russian orloff, and australorp x. I would appreciate some advice if anyone can help me figure out which is which--also to confirm male/female.

^ LACEY ^
- Pullet? -

^ PACEY ^
- Pullet? -

^ TRACEY ^
- Pullet? -

^ TATIANA ^
- Pullet? -
- Australorp mix? -

^ DELILAH ^
- Pullet? -
- Australorp mix? -

^ ROSS ^
- Cockerel? -
- Australorp / mix? -

^ BEV ^
- Pullet? -
- Rumpless? -
- Marans? -

^ TYRIAN ^
- Cockerel? -
- Marans? -

^ HARRIET ^
- Pullet? -
- Olive egger? -

Thanks for any input! :)

Last edited:
When I search "Russian orloff chickens," I don't see anything that matches in my flock. I don't know what the black and gold laced pullets are (Lacey, Pacey, Tracey)...

Maybe dark cornish? I do remember now that the man said some of them might be mixed with cornish. Australorp cornish?

Last edited:
I got some chicks from a man on craigslist, which were supposed to be olive egger, black copper marans, Russian orloff, and australorp x. I would appreciate some advice if anyone can help me figure out which is which--also to confirm male/female.

Dark Cornish or mix pullet
^ LACEY ^
- Pullet? -

Dark Cornish or mix pullet
^ PACEY ^
- Pullet? -

Dark Cornish or mix pullet.
^ TRACEY ^
- Pullet? -

Pullet. Not sure if Australorp or just mixed breed.
^ TATIANA ^
- Pullet? -
- Australorp mix? -

same as above
^ DELILAH ^
- Pullet? -
- Australorp mix? -

Dark Cornish cockerel
^ ROSS ^
- Cockerel? -
- Australorp / mix? -

need better pic really. I'm not sure she's rumpless, she looks more like she's just missing tail feathers. Does she have a tail bone? Does she have feathers on her legs?
^ BEV ^
- Pullet? -
- Rumpless? -
- Marans? -

Mixed breed rooster. Does he have feathers on his legs?
^ TYRIAN ^
- Cockerel? -
- Marans? -

Cornish mix pullet
^ HARRIET ^
- Pullet? -
- Olive egger? -

Thanks for any input! :)

Thanks for all the input! I'm glad that I was able to tell apart male from female (even though I know it's pretty obvious at this point...). I'm seeing what you mean now with the dark cornish influence everywhere. They probably are all mixed, maybe all with dark cornish.

^ I'm guessing Harriet is supposed to be a mix to be an olive egger. She has the cheek tufts. ?

^ Maybe I got fooled on the BC Marans, or maybe that's what the black pullets are, but they have no leg feathers. Hopefully they're at least a mix. I think Tyrian's markings look like he could have BC Marans in him--he does have a weak showing of feathers on his legs.

^ Here are a couple more pics of Bev. I forgot to feel if she has a tail bone. She's definitely not missing any feathers as if they got pulled out, and she is feathered out otherwise so I'm not sure what this means with her rump. She's cute though.

Most of these, except for the single-combed ones, might have a Orloff father and other mother from the breeds mentioned. I'm guessing they have a flock of those different breeds mentioned and allow them to breed randomly. Orloff gives a "gamey" look to the head/neck and so would be my best guess for the father of most of these

Back
Top Bottom