Olive Egger boy or girl ??

I wasn't eeven going to post a reply on this, because sometimes it's hard for me to tell a young roo from a pullet. I don't really see any saddle or neck feathers that look rooish on your bird. The final pic does look kind of the way a roo stands, but it really looks like a pullet to me in all the other pics. I was given a pullet this past fall, and kept watching the way it was moving about, and I kept telling the person that gave it to me it was a roo. He disagreed, and said to give it time to see if it started crowing. It did. The person who gave it to me is very, very experienced with chickens, so this all came as a surprise! Just keep watching the way your bird moves, and compare it to your other chickens.
smile.png
Oh, I never did tell the man I got the "pullet" from that it turned out to be a roo----he's an older man, and I didn't want to hurt his pride.
smile.png

6-7 weeks is too young to be showing saddle or hackle feathers - I had one about a month ago that fooled me until about 13 weeks when SPROING there go the saddle feathers.. That was such a bummer!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom