OLIVE EGGER? or.. BROWN egger?

All4Eggz

Jesus Loves You🌵
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
My olive egger, Olivia, who is already several weeks past laying age, has not layed a single "olive" colored egg.

She is the same age as my Buff Orpington, Buffy, who has been laying consistently for over a month.

They're both from TSC. My question is: Do all Olive Eggers lay "olive eggs"? Do some lay just normal brown? because I only get brown. tan, white, etc. eggs from my flock, and I thought the only possible one for an olive egger to lay was brown.

I did the finger test between the pelvic bones, and she is well over 2-3 fingers wide.

What is the issue??

Thanks in advance :) I really appreciate it

How old is she? It is possible that she is laying brown eggs but more likely that she just isn't laying yet. Age at first egg can vary considerably from breed to breed and even within the same breed some will lay earlier than others. Most will start to lay between 18 and 26 weeks, with 20-22 weeks being an average, but some can take considerably longer to start laying.

How old is she? It is possible that she is laying brown eggs but more likely that she just isn't laying yet. Age at first egg can vary considerably from breed to breed and even within the same breed some will lay earlier than others. Most will start to lay between 18 and 26 weeks, with 20-22 weeks being an average, but some can take considerably longer to start laying.
She's definitely over the 25 week mark. Maybe she just hasn't started.

I'll let you know. Thank you :) ❤️

We have 3 Olive Eggers - I think the feed store ordered them from Hoover's . One lays olive eggs and started laying at 19 weeks. One lays a dark khaki egg (no blue shell so not olive) and started laying at 23 weeks. The third lays a sometimes speckled tan egg and didn't start laying until 26 weeks.
Has she started squatting? All of mine started laying about 2 weeks after they started squatting.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.🤞 I was supposed to have 3 brown layers and 5 blue or green layers. I ended up with 2 green layers and 5 brown layers.🙄 We love them anyway!☺️

Depends on what breed combination she is made up of to create the Olive Egger. If she is first generation or second generation, etc. Also known as F1 and F2. Most hatcheries will describe their Olive Eggers and give a percentage of the likelihood of them laying an olive colored egg. I have an Olive Egger as well from Cackle hatchery and they have the bizarre percentage of 97% chance of laying a green egg. She’s not laying yet either so we will see!😊

We have 3 Olive Eggers - I think the feed store ordered them from Hoover's . One lays olive eggs and started laying at 19 weeks. One lays a dark khaki egg (no blue shell so not olive) and started laying at 23 weeks. The third lays a sometimes speckled tan egg and didn't start laying until 26 weeks.
Has she started squatting? All of mine started laying about 2 weeks after they started squatting.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.🤞 I was supposed to have 3 brown layers and 5 blue or green layers. I ended up with 2 green layers and 5 brown layers.🙄 We love them anyway!☺️
Thank you

She has not started squatting, but my buff orpington never squatted but began to lay anyway... maybe because we have lots of roosters around..?

Depends on what breed combination she is made up of to create the Olive Egger. If she is first generation or second generation, etc. Also known as F1 and F2. Most hatcheries will describe their Olive Eggers and give a percentage of the likelihood of them laying an olive colored egg. I have an Olive Egger as well from Cackle hatchery and they have the bizarre percentage of 97% chance of laying a green egg. She’s not laying yet either so we will see!😊
She is from Tractor Supply, so I assume she will not lay olive colored eggs.
Keep me updated on what color eggs you get, and pictures please!

My olive egger is gorgeous - All black, with cute little ear tufts and beard. Her feathers look green in the sun.

She is from Tractor Supply, so I assume she will not lay olive colored eggs.
Keep me updated on what color eggs you get, and pictures please!

My olive egger is gorgeous - All black, with cute little ear tufts and beard. Her feathers look green in the sun.
Maybe she is EE x dark egg layer or something?🤷🏽‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom