Olive Egger x Olive Egger chick sexing

whydidigetchickens

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
I am considering getting this beauty. 2 weeks old. Oe to Oe. Any thoughts on gender before I plunk the money? I am still trying to figure out the easter egger and olive egger sexing tips for any willing to lend a hand. For example: I learned that easter egger pullets will have even feathering and a single row pea comb whereas males are more quilted patterned and have a three row comb. Does this apply to bantams as well? Olive Eggers can sometimes be color sexed but this one I doubt so. What would this chicks OE parents be crossed with to achieve the color? And would a second gen hen lay olive eggs or have a l chance of any egg color?

Attachments

• 6D80B99F-D5E9-4062-BB2C-04ECE84E7C8B.png
    6D80B99F-D5E9-4062-BB2C-04ECE84E7C8B.png
    2 MB · Views: 53
EEs are a pain to sex until they start showing male, or female characteristics. Comb size, Color, feather color/pattern, saddles etc.

I am considering getting this beauty. 2 weeks old. Oe to Oe. Any thoughts on gender before I plunk the money? I am still trying to figure out the easter egger and olive egger sexing tips for any willing to lend a hand. For example: I learned that easter egger pullets will have even feathering and a single row pea comb whereas males are more quilted patterned and have a three row comb. Does this apply to bantams as well? Olive Eggers can sometimes be color sexed but this one I doubt so. What would this chicks OE parents be crossed with to achieve the color? And would a second gen hen lay olive eggs or have a l chance of any egg color?
science-color5.jpg
ffdbd32f55f41ad814907133e9c9ee71.jpg

Back
Top Bottom