Olive egger?

Kluggie

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2019
Australia
Hi all

These are pictures of an olive egger that I recently added to my flock. Hoping someone out there might have an idea of what sort of cross breed she might be. I thought it might be british spec araucana and maran - any other ideas?

Cheers
Kluggie
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93f3.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93e4.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93e0.jpg

I have two very similar looking birds. They are also Olive Eggers. The hatchery I got them from said they were a cross between Copper Marans and Ameraucana. Hatchery Ameraucana is almost always truly Easter Egger though.
The thing with Olive Eggers is that they really could be a mix of any blue/brown layers. No matter their feather color.

I have two very similar looking birds. They are also Olive Eggers. The hatchery I got them from said they were a cross between Copper Marans and Ameraucana. Hatchery Ameraucana is almost always truly Easter Egger though.
The thing with Olive Eggers is that they really could be a mix of any blue/brown layers. No matter their feather color.
It's hard to get hold of ameraucanas where I am and with the crest and tail I thought that might be british araucana. Hard to tell.

X2

Olive eggers are mixes and can be made from any brown egg breed and blue egg breed. From how big the crest is and the comb, I’d go with British Araucana for one parent. The other parent could be anything. I would agree Marans if she had feathered legs but without, there’s not much to go on.

0AAB4E82-B2B4-4699-B211-958B39B71689.jpeg
X2

Olive eggers are mixes and can be made from any brown egg breed and blue egg breed. From how big the crest is and the comb, I’d go with British Araucana for one parent. The other parent could be anything. I would agree Marans if she had feathered legs but without, there’s not much to go on.
Thank you. British Araucana makes sense as I have one and the crests look very similar (see pic).

Back
Top Bottom