Olive Egger

UPDATE: She layed her first egg!!!! Granted I was surprised by her egg color cause it wasn't olive, but I'm not complaining it's still so pretty!
IMG_1308.jpg

UPDATE: She layed her first egg!!!! Granted I was surprised by her egg color cause it wasn't olive, but I'm not complaining it's still so pretty! View attachment 2375395

still a really nice coloured speckly egg! I have a bunch of four week old olive Eggers, but decided I would prob prefer a paler green like yours! I’ve recently seen the term “sage egger” which I think is a welsummer cross blue layer. Yours looks like a sage 😊

still a really nice coloured speckly egg! I have a bunch of four week old olive Eggers, but decided I would prob prefer a paler green like yours! I’ve recently seen the term “sage egger” which I think is a welsummer cross blue layer. Yours looks like a sage 😊
Funny that you mention it, I first heard the term sage egger just the other day! It is definently possible that she is a welsummer cross with something cause I know the breeder had welsummers because I got another bird from them that was welsummer x cream legbar, although I don't know where she got her barred from. Oh well I suppose it doesn't really matter I love them all no matter what breed they are. 🥰

Funny that you mention it, I first heard the term sage egger just the other day! It is definently possible that she is a welsummer cross with something cause I know the breeder had welsummers because I got another bird from them that was welsummer x cream legbar, although I don't know where she got her barred from. Oh well I suppose it doesn't really matter I love them all no matter what breed they are. 🥰
That is so funny! The cream legbar rooster is barred so his offspring can be barred but not always depending on what the mum is (that’s about as much as I’ve picked up on chicken genetics! :p). But yes, I love all my mutts too no matter what they are.

That is so funny! The cream legbar rooster is barred so his offspring can be barred but not always depending on what the mum is (that’s about as much as I’ve picked up on chicken genetics! :p). But yes, I love all my mutts too no matter what they are.
Oooooooh! I guess I never realized cream legbars could be barred! Thanks!

She Layed!!! And she did not disappoint! Here is her first green eggs next to one from our RIR and Buff Orpington. She must be a barred Rock mix, her egg is longer, similar to a barred rock shape.

Also, I emailed D2D Farms and they said their olive Eggers are a Barred RockXEaster Egger mix.

Its interesting to me the my OE from D2D farms has a rose comb, but the others posted don't.

Attachments

• EA5F5376-B8A3-453F-8128-B384FA9134DC.JPG
    EA5F5376-B8A3-453F-8128-B384FA9134DC.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 9CD28BE4-037C-419A-9850-31C8E799D6A6.JPG
    9CD28BE4-037C-419A-9850-31C8E799D6A6.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg