Olive Egger

The birght orange eyes are from her Black copper marans parent most likely. The crest is a puff of feathers at the top of the head. In cream leg bars they lay flat and can raise them up when alarmed. Crosses normally have smaller versions of them. :)
I'm not sure about @_Kelley_ but it makes sense that mine would be half cream legbar. I have this other cross I got from the same breeder who I am also fairly certain is a cross with a cream legbar.
IMG_1275.jpg

Looks like it! What is the breeder callling this cross? Looks like a rose comb! :)
She just said it was an olive egger when we first got her as a chick. Later when she matured we asked and the breeder said it was a cross of a Welsummer and a Cream Legbar. However someone on here told me that wasn't possible because of the comb and she has very lightly feathered legs. So I am certain of the cream legbar, breeder says other half is Welsummer but others say not possible, so I guess I will never know for certain.

She just said it was an olive egger when we first got her as a chick. Later when she matured we asked and the breeder said it was a cross of a Welsummer and a Cream Legbar. However someone on here told me that wasn't possible because of the comb and she has very lightly feathered legs. So I am certain of the cream legbar, breeder says other half is Welsummer but others say not possible, so I guess I will never know for certain.
Does not really matter! Lovely bird!:)

I think black copper Marans have lightly feathered feet! Very beautiful chicken! Do you have photos of it as a chick?

Back
Top Bottom