Olive eggers or RIR?

Kraigm

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2023
I purchased four olive eggers from family farm and home in April. The older they get, the less I think they are olive eggers and more that they are RIR/production reds? What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    657.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6844.jpeg
    IMG_6844.jpeg
    786.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6843.jpeg
    IMG_6843.jpeg
    731.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6841.jpeg
    IMG_6841.jpeg
    714.4 KB · Views: 23
They are not pure production reds. Whether they are olive eggers? It's possible if something like a starlight green egger was crossed with a Welsumer to make them. Actually, they look a lot like just straight green eggers of some variety like Starlight or Whiting true green. But time will tell. When they lay you should have a much better idea.

Not RIR. They look exactly as they are advertised on their website, Olive Eggers. But to know what the mix is you have to call Family Farm and ask what Hatchery they source. Then ask the Hatchery what they used in the mix.

Not RIR. They look exactly as they are advertised on their website, Olive Eggers. But to know what the mix is you have to call Family Farm and ask what Hatchery they source. Then ask the Hatchery what they used in the mix.
I believe they go through Hoover, all of the olive eggers I have seen from them have been crested which is why I wondered.

Back
Top Bottom