Olive Eggers

salmanearn

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 2, 2012
Hi

I have Blue Splash Maran roster and Ameraucana blue egger hen. I am curious what color of eggs there offspring will give . I am thinking it should be olive eggs. Please advice .

Any advise what should be the best hen for maran roster if want have some rainbow eggs layers ??

Attachments

• 26af627836132b909a9a05fdda0cc047.jpg
    26af627836132b909a9a05fdda0cc047.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 25
  • hens.png
    hens.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Yes. You should have lovely shades of olive. The Splash Marans rooster should present lovely genetics for the dark brown and your Ameraucana hen will bring in the blue egg shell. Brown wash over blue shell produces olive eggs.

What shade depends on how much of the brown wash genetics each daughter receives. I typically see the darkest about 1/3 of the time.

Good luck with your project :)
LofMc

Follow up....for rainbow egg colors with a Splash Marans rooster...

Simply place him over any brown layer (I've used even RSL) and white layer. You'll get a range of browns as the genetics shuffle through the first generation. I typically see a tone between both parents in the daughters.

Place him, as stated above, over blue shell gals, and you get a variety of shades in olive.

That's about as rainbow as it gets. Keep track of what daughter is what to be able to breed back. (If I remember my *blue feather* genetics...your F1, first generation, will typically be a lot of blue feathered gals due to splash genetics.)

LofMc

Attachments

• 100_0709.JPG
    100_0709.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 22
Hi

I have Blue Splash Maran roster and Ameraucana blue egger hen. I am curious what color of eggs there offspring will give . I am thinking it should be olive eggs. Please advice .

Any advise what should be the best hen for maran roster if want have some rainbow eggs layers ??
Is the second picture supposed to be the ameraucana hen?
Your marans is just splash, you don’t have to call him a blue splash.

Back
Top Bottom