Oliver is crowing again

I live on a dead end street in the suburbs the only other "livestock" around are mini horses up the street. I want to get a rooster but my mom says the neighbors won't like it. Next time I get some "replacment" (just means I am getting more
big_smile.png
) amerucanas I will make sure to "accidently" get a rooster maybe I will PM peachick now and see if she has any extras
lol.png

LOL, that's my line: I didn't mean to hatch three roosters! No one has said anything yet. I bet they actually like his beautiful crow. I know I do! DH was home sick from work today and said that Oliver crowed from about 7:45 to a little after 9:00, not constantly, just every once in a while. That seems reasonable to me. The only other roos I ever had (and they did stay long) crowed once every 5 minutes from dawn till dusk.
hmm.png
This seems like nothing in comparison!

Quote:
smile.png
Thanks. I can't wait to see what he looks like all grown up. I think this morning he figured out what hens are for, if you know what I mean. Of course, my old girls weren't having any part of it. He also went after my ankle as I went down to bring the little girls fresh water. He pecked it, but not hard. I hollered at him and he backed off. Then I swear he was flirting with me so I scooped him up and told him, "I am not a hen, I am your mommy so knock it off." And he did.
roll.png

I am on a crusade to get a blue/ wheten ameraucana rooster to breed to my two new hens and maybe get another hen also just wish I were a chicken persons child we would go ape crazy. Like I did when first talking about chickens with my parents I have compiled evidance posts of BYC and a few exerps from books so that after exams I can argue about getting them. I am talking about the $$$ benifits and how eating egg production of my size is inpheasable but hatching eggs would work. Also protection from predators by roosters and also making the flock complete and quelling a few fighting problems we are having with the girls. I need to wait till after exams to really get into it but I think I will win I am a really great debater and it I liked stuff like that I could probably be a good lawyer.
lol.png
I am rambling so I don't have to study for History I am already burned out and I have three exams to go :eek: :mad:

Henry

Last edited:
Quote:
Somehow missed this the other day. Cool! My 6 yo ds named him Olive when he hatched because he was wet a slimy like an olive!
Here he is today, look happier and healthier everyday. He crowed early this morning and woke me up. He's getting louder. He is trying to win the affections of Sasha my mutt hen. I don't think he's been successful but he did come strutting out of the woods crowing yesterday afternoon and she was right behind him. He may have been bragging. Not sure!
OliverJune122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom