omelette

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Nava, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    do you like them? [​IMG]
    what do you put in them?
    spicy? [​IMG]
    how many eggs do you use?
    i've used 12 eggs on my omelette and it was good and spicy just love them. [​IMG]

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    We like them! chopped ham, bell pepper, onion, tomato and a few dashes of hot sauce & lots of shredded cheddar!

3. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    We like them too! Usually anything leftover in the frig that sounds good - ALWAYS cheese. I also use the broiler to the melt cheese and puff up the omlette a bit. Then plenty of sausa and hot sauce! [​IMG]

Sandee

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Love them! Should make them more often, but I don't. Of course, TONS of cheese is a Must. Will fill them with about anything, but a good mixture of sautéed ham(or sausage) and fresh veggies like onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers is probably a personal favorite... **thinks a second** actually, fresh crab, shrimp, and cheese is probably my Real favorite. ***now starts daydreaming about omelets***

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Yum. I have a ton of eggs sittin on the counter. I think I might have to cook an omlette or maybe a quiche.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  6. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    My omelet method:
    Separate your yolks n' whites. Add a touch of cream of tartar to your whites, and beat them until you've got fluff. Break your yolks and GENTLY fold them into your fluff. Pour this into a pan, cover, and hover. When it gets aromatic, GENTLY slide it out of the pan into the inside of the lid, then do the flip trick. Add what you want, fold and serve.
    [​IMG]

It's easy to do, but people will think you're Julia Child.

7. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    hey that's anew one for me got to try it, just got to go to the store for some eggs......wait i don't have to no more thank god for backyard chickens, bur really i'm out just have to go get some out of the coop yei [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by