Omelette's in ziploc bags!

When we made them, we used a nice big stock pot (course we were cooking for a crowd of 15) and basically floated the bags in the water...we didn't have any problems with the bags sticking. Like someone else mentioned, be sure you use nice heavy bags. Also, we did notice that it took a little longer than the stated time to make sure they were done.

I can't imagine using this method for just myself....much quicker to just use a pan. However in the situation that I was in (all the adult kids & spouses home to visit Mom & Dad with the grandkids in tow) it was a huge timesaver.

Quote:
Cant usually blame the equipment
wink.png
gig.gif

I tried this a couple times last week. You really need to do the part MDbucks said. Take it out of the boiling water after 5 minutes and mush it around so the inside gets to the outside. ALSO it works best with only 2 eggs. 3 eggs took so long the bag really was getting too hot.

I used 2 eggs, some ham, and diced onion (which cooked well in the bag) and some cheese. It was perfect.

I have tried making omelets with a pan and I stink at it. No matter what temp I cook at, the outside burns and the insides too raw.

Back
Top Bottom