OMG day 22-My baby is gonna hatch soon!!!! He is wiggling!!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
OMG I was just checking the bator with my single egg in it(and of course, still no pips
barnie.gif
) But I swear i thought i saw a little wiggle from the egg!!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
LOL sorry fro the smileys but I am SOO excited!!! I am pretty sure that my baby is still alive now!!
ya.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
th.gif
WOO-HOOO!!! It's like Christmas all over again!!!
gig.gif
ya.gif
I am soo happy now and when I first came home and saw that the temp. had went waay too high(like 105-106 degrees F.) I thought that my egg was a goner for good.
th.gif
BUT, after adjusting the temp. again, and waiting, I think all this hard work(what with sleeping down on the couch keeping guard and watching the egg all the time) has finally paid off!!!!
fl.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

I have now decided on some names that I really like:

Pumpkin(my all-time fav!) (girl/boy)
Autumn(another fav!) (girl)
Spice(girl/boy)
Sugar(girl)

All of these are great! I like Pumpkin and Autumn especially. Tell me what you think of them!
smile.png

Wish the egg loads and loads of luck!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
(and wish me luck, so that maybe, just maybe, i don't go insane over here!!!!!)
lau.gif
gig.gif

***UPDATE***

I have been using a small little toy baby chicken that peeps and i have been using it to encourage the chick out.
fl.gif
It seems to respond, actually!(non-verbally)
ep.gif
When the toy chick made the peeping, the chick wiggles a little!
th.gif

I am soo nervous! It is delayed(as expected) and i am wondering if I should help at all.....?(that's a question can someone please answer?!
big_smile.png
)

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Pray for the little fuzzie!
He is def. strong. His father(Ty the Rhode Island Red rooster) is a VERY tough guy!
big_smile.png
He survived the harsh winter living in his dog house coop with his brother rooster, Marty.
ep.gif
Still healthy and alive today!
love.gif
And the new fuzzie-to-be's mother is a red star and she seems tough too. I guess it has a good line of parents, grandparents, etc. don't ya think?
thumbsup.gif

if it is day 22,it should be hatching,if it is going to,you should hear it peeping,and it should be pecking on the shell trying to get out ,it is never a good idea to help them ,they always die when you do,my advice is to patiently wait,it will hatch ,or it wont,i have my fingers crossed,best of lck to ya.

Are you positive on it being day 22? Perhaps your temps were a touch low and caused a delayed hatch? Anyway, they DON'T always die when you help, but you certainly should wait until you KNOW the baby needs help. I have lots of helped out babies that are not even close to dead.
smile.png

Yay baby!!!
Pumpkin is an awesome name! I have a pygmy goat named that! I know you picked you names, but pancake is pretty cool name too.

Back
Top Bottom