OMG...Dont put your hand in the nesting box!!!

I agree, I think I'd have killed that thing even before I went inside to clean my pants. Cause they would definitely be soiled after seeing that thing!
ep.gif

Quote:
Yea... I carried him a few hundred feet out into the hayfield and let him go. He may be back for some more eggs. Thats okay. I will take him farther away next time. One thing is for sure... my wife wont be gatering the eggs anymore.

LOL
I'd've done the same thing you did, but I'd've taken it at least two miles away.

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
I'm glad you let it go. I do the same, just take it down the road and let it go there. We live on a gravel road so it wont get run over. Everyone needs to eat. So GOOD JOB.
woot.gif

Oh boy! I would have jumped 6 ft in the air seeing that. The one problem I would have is that after assessing the situation for half an hour and researching on the internet to verify it wasnt poisonous, I would have figured out a way to keep it as a pet! Ugh, I ALMOST claimed a stray kitty just yesterday.

Yup, I often collect the eggs after dark. I've never had a snake run-in, but I'm aware that it's possible so I ALWAYS check with a flashlight before I stick my hands in there!!!!

Back
Top Bottom