OMG...First time candler here!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bec, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

This is my first set of babies ever! I am so excited! I have a broody on 5 eggs out in my barn. I candled them on day 4 and I saw veins, day 6 bigger veins, and today is day 8 and they are moving!!!!! I am in complete awe over this! I have never seen anything like it! I am so in love with these babies already! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This is just awesome, no wonder it is so easy to get so addicted to hatching babies!

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Glad you are having such great luck [​IMG] Be careful and don't get too nuts with disturbing the hen over and over though as I have heard of cases where the hen abandoned her nest after too much disturbance. Hope you get a great hatch!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What are you using to candle them? What type of candler?

4. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I love to candle the eggs. Its amazing that we can peek inside the eggs before it hatches. [​IMG] I use a LED light.

5. jokker1978

jokker1978 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    just dont do like me i tryed a candle to do it with hence the name .. yo candle an egg

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I used a flash light and my hand. That was my fancy candler...lol. I plan on leaving them alone now that I have a good idea of how many to expect.

LOL [​IMG] Joker!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by