1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG FIRST TIME HATCHER AND I GOT A HATCH!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, May 28, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I'm so very excited but now it's stopped and nothing is going on...it's been the same for an hour [​IMG] I hope that is normal!!

Here is a picture!

[​IMG]

From the picture it looks as if it's in the middle of the egg but really in real life it's farther up to the top. Either way I'm excited but worried now that it's been an HOUR and nothing is going on! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    So excited for you! I'm getting the fever now, my silkies are supposed to hatch next week.[​IMG]:jumpy
    What kind is yours? Thought I read "Serama" on the egg? Keep us posted!

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    what picture?..lol

but yea i can take sometimes 24 hours from pip to hatch..my egg pip on day 20 an didn't hatch till day 21..

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG] Wonderful news! It can take 24 hours from pip to hatch. Don't open the bator! It is very normal for them to pip and nothing to happen for hours. Soon you'll go check the bator and a chick will be looking up at you!

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Did my picture show up??? I got a what picture comment LOL I was wondering if it goofed when I tried posting. ANYWAY...thanks for the reassurance! I'm worried to death! I hope it doesn't hatch while I'm sleeping but I'm sure it will! Why does it happen like that! [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I have no idea why it works out like that. My last hatch every chick hatched between my frequent chicks. Sneaky little buggers [​IMG]

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I don't know either, but your right! It always does seem to happen that way. [​IMG]

8. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Yay!! It's hard when the hatch while you are sleeping cause it's hard for you to get some sleep knowing that they are going to do when you're not watching. Best of luck! [​IMG]

9. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    Sending Hatching vibes Come one guys!!!!

Mine are past the peeping stage

One Duck One Chick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

OMGOSH those pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing them! Good vibes back at you! WOO HOO were going to be new chicken mommy's! [​IMG] This is for sure going to be me come mornin! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by