OMG guess what I just bought on Craigslist?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Germaine_11.20, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I just bought a never been used Humidaire cabinet style incubator/hatcher! I am so excited. I have heard great things about them and I found one today and called. It is mine!!

If anyone has one, I would love some tips or hint on how it works. I know it has a turner and humidity gauge, but other than that...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    LUCKY!!! i want one!

3. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

Just have to know .... how much ?

4. henningheather

henningheather Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2008
    Idaho
    It was listed for $550, I saw it too! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

5. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    I have a Humidaire- incubator and hatcher, I LOVE them. I swear they will hatch rocks! What model?

There are several on here now that have the Humidaires, they are not in business anymore, but there is a place to get parts/assistance if needed. Shout if ya need help, but beware, it is way to easy to hatch in these.

Congrats [​IMG]

6. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Thanks everyone for posting back. He has 4 more left!!!! They were 550 and mine is brand new. I think it is missing a water bottle? I don't know how important that is...

The back wood is splitting a bit but wood filler and it is good to go. I have it running right now and temp is up to 92 with 32% humidity (no water added yet)

It started at 72 so were going up anyway!

ChicknJ, It is a model #21 how important is that water bottle and can I buy one somewhere? Or make one for it?

I will take a pic of it and post soon, just gotta get the camera charged!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

8. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Thanks Cynthia!

OK here are the pics, see how shiny new it is...ahhhh I am so excited! Temp is up to 97.5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you can see the trays better and the turner is working and turning them! 2 incubating trays and 1 hatching tray on bottom.

[​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] What a great find! Happy hatching!

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    That's awesome - glad you're happy with it thus far!

You might think about changing your thread title to something with the brand name of the bator in it - you might attract more folks that have the same model that way. Just a thought! Have fun hatching in it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by