Omg!!! Help Me Now!!!! UPDATE _ HE'S OUT but have lost another?

Harpo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 14, 2011
:yamy egg set just went 22 days with absolutely no action - everyone said dead do eggtopsy...

just took an egg outside after candling with noi movement and when I cracked it saw a MOVING CHICK!!!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE _ I FEEL SICK!!!

bolted inside and put back in but I can see some blood so I think I broke a blood vessel!!!! Will it still make it - humidity at 65%

ANY ADVICE RIGHT NOW WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

Last edited:
Take a deep breath
hugs.gif
love.gif
!!! If there is a lot of blood you will probably lose the chick I am sorry
hugs.gif
! They don't have a lot and they bleed out quickly! Do you have more eggs? Raise the humidity and all you can do is wait! I am sure some one Knowledgeable will come along! I just did not want you to think you where alone
hugs.gif
love.gif

Thank you so much Melissa Rose....

I'm in Australia and no-one online here on our forum
hit.gif
\\

Thanks for your support!!!! HAVE 14 EGGS LEFT NOW...

Qiuckly put more water in ( humidity now 68%) and poured a little on the break and it moved SO if he/she survives

a) will be one tough little sucker
b) attack me at every chance it gets since I was such a bad midwife...

Fingers crossed and once again MANY HEARTFELT THANKS for your kind words!!!!!
hugs.gif

was sad to see 8 views with NO HELP OFFERED!!!!
rant.gif
tongue.gif
somad.gif

Last edited:
I get up at the crack of dawn down here in South Texas but I am up even a little earlier than usual I have two silkie eggs waiting to hatch! There is a man here from England named Pete! He has several really good threads on helping chicks and hatching, humidity etc... He might can help or his threads might. I would just wait awhile and see if the bleeding stops. If it is bleeding and you try to take off any shell the bleeding could get worse. If you wait perhaps the vessels will recede and then you can help a little. Is it's beak out and able to get air?
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

It is good you are being so brave i once had a chicken who was in the incubator, i didn't crack the egg even a little and he died on the way out so even if he may die i think its really good that you are giving him a chance at life. i can tell you really care about that chick. Good Luck!!

Have Spoken To Pete And Hoping He Comes Online And Sees My Post!!!

He's Great!!!

I've had hatches at day 25 and 26. After that I toss them. Make sure you get advice from people who have been doing this a while or you'll end up waiting for 21 days and think it's all over. Chicks hatch when they're ready to hatch.

Don't be upset about this at all. I think all of us have done it at one time or another.

Are your eggs all still in lockdown and is your humidity right?

Quote:
Thanks!!! I do and so upset as we're hatching these for my 4yr old - he does shows and was winning but a fox got in and killed the lot - rooster, hens and his chicks
hit.gif

He decided he was ready to go again and got him a new top quality trio but Australian Langshans aren't real broody - hence the incubator...

for his sake I was hoping for 1 or 2 at least!!!

Back
Top Bottom