OMG - I got a green one!

egg color is why I chose my flock makeup I want another EE because one turned into a roo and went to my cousins farm I am also getting a flock of Favorrels and Marans and EE's for my cousins farm flock,

Henry

Hee hee, I love this conversation!! Olivia was almost late to school this morning because we were researching and discussing what color eggs we wanted, hence what type chickens...... I started keeping my eggs in a lovely open-wire egg basket (that my Dad brought back from Norway) in the refrigerator instead of egg cartons. It takes up a ridiculous amount of space, but not ever time I open the fridge door I get to look at the pretty egg collection!!!!!

Congrats on your green one!

Stacey

Do you, by any chance, have a wyandotte? Both my gold and silver wyandottes lay a pinkish egg like the one in your picture. I have a maran and was very sad that her egg is not much darker than a normal brown egg. And she's mean, to boot!
hmm.png
I have run across more than one person here in suburbia who won't eat my green eggs!! Honestly, what is wrong with people? And my husband's niece won't eat ANY of my eggs because they didn't come from a grocery store!!
roll.png

My Speckled Sussex hens lay a pinkish egg with tiny white flecks. Then of course, there's the EE who lays the green eggs that are treasured by my 3 yo. I'm definitely going to have to get some more EEs and add some dark egg layers this spring.

DSCI0169.jpg

Back
Top Bottom