1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG, I hate that!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by max13077, Apr 17, 2009.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

You know when chicks lay down and put their heads on the floor in front of them to sleep? I swear they look dead! [​IMG] I hate that!!! [​IMG]

2. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree. I have called home a few times and asked my wife to check on the chicks and she would panic saying some are dead! Now she knows to touch them before she panics. [​IMG]

3. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    We were in TSC today and we could swear a couple of the chicks were dead. We even called the lady over to tell her they had a couple dead ones and she went in to grab them out and they jumped up and ran. I know better because of my chicks, I don't ever assume they are dead so we were so certain the ones at TSC were dead, they laid there getting trampled on and didn't move at all.

4. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I think it's hilarious when they all line up in a row with their necks out like that. I told my husband that it's like they're preparing for the chopping block. (I have layers, though.)

5. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    ugh, me too! my littlest bantam does that all the time and scares me half to death.

6. lvchickenbob

lvchickenbob New Egg

Apr 17, 2009
    they do look cool when there like that

7. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    My first five chicklets were supposed to have been here on Weednesday, but apparently connecting flights didn't work out in their favor. So the PO calls at 6:30 AM Thursday and she says in an ominous tone, "Well they're here, but we're not hearing much noise in there.You probably want to get here quick as you can."

I was freaked. I drove there still in my jams & slippers. I got there and we peeked and could see that at least three were alive, but I didn't know they were all OK til I got them home. It seems five week ols are much more stoic than day olds. Whew!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by