OMG!! I have Pips!! NOW NEW BABIES!!

Yeah!!!! Congratulations! We just hatched our first chickie ever a few days ago... She is big and feisty! We have such a bond with her already! It is really neat!!! But I agree, who can have patience when you don't know if they need help??? Since their real mama isn't there to make that decision! Its a lot of responsibility! We'll wait awhile before we try again... and just enjoy the chickies we have now
wink.png

don't u hate it when....

you click a thread that promises cute baby creatures, then click as fast as u can through all the pages looking for pics without reading any posts, then get frustrated and have to post because THERE AREN'T ANY PICS!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
lau.gif

Okay, okay my goof... I will get pics up
idunno.gif
. Lol! Anyway, I ended up with 5 chicks out of 8 eggs. The last one that hatched hadnt absorbed its yolk sac. He hatched sometime between 3am and 6am and when I got up to the other babies had picked at the sack and opened it up, so we had yolk and blood and everything else all over the bator. I tried to push the little guys insides back in and make a little wrap for him, but, it didnt work. He started really chirping loud last night and couldnt get up and really seemed like he was suffering so I had to cull him:hit Talk about an awful experience. This is the first time I have hatched chicks, and I wasnt quite prepared to have to do that. So, in my happiness of being a new chickie mamma, I have had a bummer day today. On a plus note though. The other 4 babies are thriving and ornery and absolutely adorable. I have one that came out of a white egg and is this absolutely gorgeous red/brown color with black and yellow. I will be anxious to see how "she"
fl.gif
turns out.

Anyway, that is my little story I will get pics up in just a few minutes
smile.png

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics. I had to use my camera phone as my card reader has bit the dust! I have lots of good pics, I will get them transferred to a CD and get them downloaded soon
smile.png

21817_baby1.jpg

21817_group1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom