OMG.......I have poison Ivy again

Quote:
I good way to remember what it looks like is "Leaves of three, beware of me". Why wouldn't you want to teach tomorrow? Because of the itching? You can't spread it to others.

I teach in our homeschool co-op and yes the itching is awful BUT I am afraid if the little ones touch my face or if I touch my face then accidently they get it then that is my fault.The rash is buubly in spots and i am just not taking a chance.I have already gotten a sub for my hour. Thanks for all of you advice on how to treat it.

Instant cure all for Poison Ivy is probably already in your laundry room. Its none other than simple household bleach. Fill your bath tub with water as hot as you can stand it. Pour in one cup of clorox or other brand bleach. Soak in the water until the water become cold. Standup and take a hot shower, washing with ivory soap, but dont use a wash cloth, just rub yourself with the soap bar and your hands. The wash cloth tends to push the irritant residues back into your skin. Rinse with warm water gradually turning the water temp down until it is a cold shower.

Why this works is simple, the hot water opens the pores of your skin and the bleach disinfects your skin, literally breaking up the irritant contained in the posion ivy plant. The hot shower using soap rinses the irritants from your body, as well as the chlorine residues, the cold shower closes up the pores of your skin. You should see signs of relief by the next morning.

There is no way spread poison ivy can be spread by the blisters breaking open or anybody touching them. Again, it is the oils you touched that seep thru your skin.

oh i hate that stuff. we used to tease my brother, he would just look at the stuff and get it.
barnie.gif

once he had it so bad, he actually shaved his legs for relief!
ep.gif

since its grown back.
gig.gif

he lives in washington now, and has never seen or had poison ivy for the past 15 years!
thumbsup.gif

I disagree that it cannot spread. I've had it alot. There have been times when I've had it on my hands, and slept with my hand on my stomach or a leg and a rash shows up the next morning in that area. I wash the crap out of my rashes etc.. and it will still spread. I generally wear socks on my hands at night (I get PI during deer season off the deer).

Quote:
It appears that way, that's why people think it spreads that way. If the oils were touch by the hands, then you rub your face, scratch elsewhere etc, before you wash it off it will absorb thru the thinnest skin first. In different areas of the body, the skin is thicker than others and it takes longer to go thru. That's why it can appear several days later in other areas, but the blisters are a reaction to the oil and do not contain the oil.

I have poison ivy all summer, every summer. People don't believe that I can have a poison ivy rash on my face and arms the whole entire summer. I've actually had someone try to convince me it must be something else. I know I've gotten it doing yard work. I let the dog run all day and we live in the woods. I'm sure he gets the oils on his fur and then I pet him. I've had the whole one side of my face have such a big rash that I didn't want to go out into public! I have a scar on my leg from a bad case. I just get steroid cream from the doctor now. My FIL gave me cortisone pills once, not good. I swelled up like a balloon and had a severe headache for a whole day. I've just accepted that in the summer I am the poison ivy monster.

somad.gif
Well for som odd aparent reason I have it inbetween my fingers on my left hand.i called the doctor and there was no openings so I went and got 2 creams to try to stop it from blistering up.I have no clue to how but I want it gone

Back
Top Bottom