OMG! I'm soooooo excited! FIRST EGG!!!! (PICS ADDED)

So today was day 9 since starting to get eggs from our girl and we finally had enough eggs (7) for a small omelet (divided 4 ways LOL) ... OMG! This was the best omelet I think I've ever had! And by far the most colorful!!!
smile.png
I can't wait to get more eggs now!

I am very excited because I found someone not too far away that has 3 mille pullets for sale. They are the same age as Justina and just started laying a couple weeks ago. We are headed out Wed. to take a look. With any luck we will have a couple more girls to join Justina and more fresh eggs to enjoy.
smile.png

I have 2 new mille girls
smile.png
They are so cute and much darker in color then Justina and have some distinct differences ... won't be too much difficulty in telling them all apart
smile.png
Keeping them separated from Justina for a while so I can make sure they're healthy before integrating them all. They seem good, a little thinner then my girl but they weren't raised the same way so I'm not surprised. They'll soon fatten up a bit and be just as spoiled as Justina.
smile.png

I can't wait to start getting more eggs so I can enjoy my fresh omelets more often then once every 2 weeks! LOL

Will get some pics of the newbies tomorrow
smile.png

THAT IS AWESOME!! I must say I am a little jealous...LOL I have a buff brahma who is about 20 weeks old and nothing yet. Congrats on your eggies
smile.png

I'm very excited as the girl I got the new additions from said they just started laying a couple weeks ago, so they are right there in age with our girl
smile.png
Hopefully they will all get along once introductions are made after their little quarantine period is up.
smile.png
I expect a little jostling for position but hope nothing serious.

I am so proud of you and it warms my heart to hear you talk about your girls. It seems that you are enjoying every minute of taking care of them and getting the satisfaction and appreciation of having fresh eggs in return. I can't wait to see pictures of your new girls and news that they are laying too.

Still waiting on the new girls to start laying ... does anyone have any idea how long these girls can go without laying? I'm sure it's due to the stresses of moving into a new place and then being introduced to a new companion. Just wish they'd settle in already. I want my omelet! LOL
smile.png

Congratulations! I think my 6 americana's are supposed to start laying now, but still nothing. One is doing the stamping/submissive thing but I can't fnd any eggs. I am happy for you though, it must be a great feeling!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom