OMG it is now TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! Low quality pics p. 17

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
You ARE going to have to protect them from me!!!!
gig.gif
I can't wait any longer.

So, alright, I have 7 white Silkies and 2 little mutt eggs (BSL/EE cross). All look excellent as of a candling last night and I am sooooooooo nervous about stopping turning tomorrow.
hit.gif
The mutt eggs are just something I do with all hatches from shipped eggs...put in eggs from my mom's chickens to make sure if something goes wrong I can tell if it was something I did or something else. I have already hatched out 4 chicks of this particular mix and they are all very different and very beautiful so I am anxious to meet them, too.
smile.png

I can't do this!!!!!!!
th.gif

Last edited:
Oh nooooooooooo I can't.....I have to get them out of there....they NEED me!!!!!!!

lau.gif

Alright, I will try!!!!! LOL I just NEED these so bad. I have one little 11 y/o (and he is just the most awesome kid) who will be devastated if these don't hatch. I worry about chickies I hatch for me, but this is BAD!!!!! The second bator (only on like day 8 or 9) is my hubby's eggs so I am gonna be doing this again soon.
barnie.gif

Totally with you on that!!

I have 8 silkie eggs under a broody, and I am anxiously waiting for them to hatch! (on day 6 right now!)

I am getting a 'bator in just over a week and already have eggs lined up for it!

*hides the hammer*

LOL....isn't it amazing how this makes us feel!!!! At least the broody makes you behave to a degree....they are HER eggs! While I have never had a broody I have seen how nasty they can get if your touch their eggs. Just wait 'til you have that bator going. Oh it is bad!!!

I think all hard objects need hidden and I should be locked in a padded room right now.....

Want me to wrap you in a straight jacket so you can't touch those eggs?! LOL

Well, she went broody, but I put silkie eggs from Tori under her. My broody is an old English Game. I got pecked hard last night....my fault....trying to candle...So I don't even get to candle or anything!! I just have to wait wait wait...darnit...

LOL....she will teach you to touch her babies!!!!!
smile.png

Yes, please, I think the straight jacket is a good idea. The kids can cook dinner and get themselves to school until these hatch!!!
smile.png

LOL.....yeah, shelleyd2008, if I ever get a broody (which I hope these Silkies do that for me) I plan to just leave her alone. The video clips I have seen look almost dangerous and I doubt I have anyone willing to risk it for me!!!!
smile.png
Aren't chickens just too adorable!!!
love.gif

Here... you can borrow mine.

padded.gif

lol.png

Aly, you have to wait until Henny Penny is off the nest eating/drinking pooping before you try to candle. I kick the broody off the nest morning, noon, and night, just to make sure she is getting food and poops... OMG, last night I took Elvis off the nest, went outside to get something, and came back in... whhooooowheeeeeee!!!!
sickbyc.gif
Somebody has stinky poopies!!! I was looking around, looking around, and there's Elvis, sweet as can be sitting on her precious eggs, with a pile of poo that looks like an elephant flew over.
lau.gif
I quickly scooped it and took it out to clear the air... OMG, my eyes burned...

Back
Top Bottom