OMG ITS HATCHING! DAY 24! - now what?

justtima

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 20, 2012
New York
Finally after all the craziness its hatching on day 24!! OMG!
wee.gif
NOW WHAT? MY FIRST HATCH EVER!
yippiechickie.gif

Congratulations!
All you have to do is just sit there and wait. The humidity should be higher then it was during days 1-18 and you shouldn't open the incubator at all! Don't open it! Sit on your hands if you have to, that is what I do.
hide.gif

Congratulations!
All you have to do is just sit there and wait. The humidity should be higher then it was during days 1-18 and you shouldn't open the incubator at all! Don't open it! Sit on your hands if you have to, that is what I do.
hide.gif
Thanks! I'm going bonkers with excitement.
ya.gif
Um, should I cover the wood shavings with a paper towel since its gonna come out wet?

May I ask why there are wood shaveing in the bator and what kind of bator it is? And Did she hatch yet ?
I made it out of styrofoam. After that one pip there hasn't been any activity and that was 5hrs ago. And like a dingdong
th.gif
I thought that on day 21 it would need some kind of cushioning and then I did some reading and feel like a bigger dingdong and should have put something else.

Im shure the shaveings will be ok. Just make shure she has air and that the humidity is nice and high and hopefully youll hve a baby soon. Some babies do pip then die. That being said babies are babies and they can hatch 30 minutes or whatever after they pip or 30 hours so give her some time .

It hatched fully at 1:30am (of course the day I have to wake up at 4:30am). I watched the whole thing. It is one of the most exciting moments in my life! Pictures coming soon!:D

Congratulations! I love watching chicks hatch, even made a video of it once. They are so darn cute!

Back
Top Bottom