OMG - Mutt mistake... LOL (added picture)

Mom and baby are in my brooder box in the coop - but with the hole in the side of it, the ducklings went in to visit today and made a big mess with the water.
th.gif

I might have to close the hole, but I don't really want to do that.

Quote:
No I don't want to separate her out at all. I blocked the opening so she and the baby can at least eat in peace.

The brooder box is prety big, at least 4 feet long, by about 2 feet wide or so - the ducks were just being naughty! One I let everyone out for the day - the ducks were GONE - they won't go back.... well until tonight!

Quote:
No I don't want to separate her out at all. I blocked the opening so she and the baby can at least eat in peace.

The brooder box is prety big, at least 4 feet long, by about 2 feet wide or so - the ducks were just being naughty! One I let everyone out for the day - the ducks were GONE - they won't go back.... well until tonight!

But if you block the opening you are separating her even more than if she had a run in the middle of the others. Or are you taking the block down once you let the others out?

Quote:
I have another Mille Fleur D'Uccle sitting on Guinea eggs
lol.png
She has a way to go - only on day 8 or 9

That is to funny!!!!!!
lol.png
You will definitely have to keep us posted on #2 Millie mom w/ Guinea eggs.

How are mama & baby doing now that you have a brooder set up?

Adorable chick! I only have a Mille roo also. My RIR has been pretty broody last spring so hopefully next spring i'll have feather-footed mutts of my own!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom