OMG, my Barred Rock!!

FactoryReject

Songster
Dec 21, 2020
I have chickens and ducks, and I love spending time with them and bonding. Don't tell them, but I have a favorite bird. Ironically, their name is penguin, and this chicken is the sweetest!! So half my childhood, I only thought that cats & dogs were pets, and nothing else, and I'm more of a cat person, but I still felt like they weren't my true pet. So one day my parents went shopping to pick up some dog & cat food, and I was old enough to stay home. When they came back, I heard them honk so I went to help bring the stuff inside. I heard a lot of chirping, but I thought that the birds outside were just being very noisy that day. They tell me to start bring some stuff in, and I see my dad walk inside with a kiddie pool. I look over to my mom and see her with 2 small boxes that are rattling around. I didn't think much of it, and started bringing stuff inside. They called us over, set down the pool, and emptied boxes into the pool... and I was glued. I saw them and I just flipped out! I just adored them. We set them up with heat lamps and I set out on a journey to find the best earth worms ever! I found some, and I brought them back. I put them in the coop and they were so CUTE!!! They played keep away for a least 10 minutes for that one worm. After that day, when I found a worm we would place them in the pool and call it the bird arena! I loved them so much! They grew up and layed eggs. We have such a good bond, that I can just take them and they don't care. Back to penguin. She is the sweetest!!! They come over to me thinking that I have food, but when they realize that I don't they just walk away. But not penguin. She will jump in my lap for some scratches behind the ears and cuddles. I just adore her. She is my little cuddle-bug. The best part about her, is that she is far from a push over. One time my rooster pecked me, and she pecked him until he left. I was gonna deal with it, but I guess she wanted to. She is my favorite to cuddle when I'm upset. Barred Rocks are a hit or miss on personality, but she is definitely a hit.

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_034503.jpg
    IMG_20201221_034503.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 23
I have chickens and ducks, and I love spending time with them and bonding. Don't tell them, but I have a favorite bird. Ironically, their name is penguin, and this chicken is the sweetest!! So half my childhood, I only thought that cats & dogs were pets, and nothing else, and I'm more of a cat person, but I still felt like they weren't my true pet. So one day my parents went shopping to pick up some dog & cat food, and I was old enough to stay home. When they came back, I heard them honk so I went to help bring the stuff inside. I heard a lot of chirping, but I thought that the birds outside were just being very noisy that day. They tell me to start bring some stuff in, and I see my dad walk inside with a kiddie pool. I look over to my mom and see her with 2 small boxes that are rattling around. I didn't think much of it, and started bringing stuff inside. They called us over, set down the pool, and emptied boxes into the pool... and I was glued. I saw them and I just flipped out! I just adored them. We set them up with heat lamps and I set out on a journey to find the best earth worms ever! I found some, and I brought them back. I put them in the coop and they were so CUTE!!! They played keep away for a least 10 minutes for that one worm. After that day, when I found a worm we would place them in the pool and call it the bird arena! I loved them so much! They grew up and layed eggs. We have such a good bond, that I can just take them and they don't care. Back to penguin. She is the sweetest!!! They come over to me thinking that I have food, but when they realize that I don't they just walk away. But not penguin. She will jump in my lap for some scratches behind the ears and cuddles. I just adore her. She is my little cuddle-bug. The best part about her, is that she is far from a push over. One time my rooster pecked me, and she pecked him until he left. I was gonna deal with it, but I guess she wanted to. She is my favorite to cuddle when I'm upset. Barred Rocks are a hit or miss on personality, but she is definitely a hit.
20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom