OMG my chickens ATE Mice, HELP!!!!

I guess you just don't have any with the killer instinct.

Mined love them some little field mice. I think they are learning that going into the chicken run for the easy feed isn't worth the trouble since I haven't seen any mice in there for a couple of weeks.

I guess you just don't have any with the killer instinct.

Mined love them some little field mice. I think they are learning that going into the chicken run for the easy feed isn't worth the trouble since I haven't seen any mice in there for a couple of weeks.
That or all of the little fat toads were full at the moment and didn't feel like pecking that mouse to death. thing is I ended up squishing it later on to finish it, and left it there. didn't see it in the coop in the morning.

Well it's protein, Lol!! I'm in southeast oklahoma and we have little lizards running around which my rooster thinks are DELICIOUS!! Seriously grossed out my husband when he saw him pecking then gobble one down, he has a weak stomach. Lol!!!

We recently started chicken farming this past easter, we have been teaching out daughter and learning along the way. My first preadtor chickens experience was our rooster catching a huge toad. I was like sweet! Come to find out its not to uncommon.

We have those outdoor cockroaches where we live, and they tend to hide out underneath potted plants. I can move a potted plant and before I even have a chance to put it down a biddy will race up from across the yard and nail every single bug that was hiding under it.

Their little heads seem to move as fast as the needle on a sewing machine at full speed. It's awesome. The other day DH found a small insect and lobbed it into the middle of the flock - and watched as one of the girls nailed it in mid-air. We haven't seen any snails or slugs in months - and I keep moving things to expose any that might be hiding. The girls actually went under our deck - which is only around 18" high - and cleaned off every snail that was clinging to it.

My sweet little SS ate the grossest thing today.i saw her dragging something with her beak that had flies buzzing around it. Turned out to be a dead sparrow. Before I could get it away from her she had pulled out the guts and eaten them leaving a neat round opening in the middle of the abdomen. I looked like a pale worm.....to her I guess. :sick.
Did throw the remainder in the trash.....poor birdie.

Back
Top Bottom