OMG my chickens ATE Mice, HELP!!!!

:bow

100% agree!

I don't know how people let their dogs lick their faces or any other body part for that matter.  Chickens might eat moldy food or intestines, but at least they don't eat the feces of other animals (or their own...I've seen that happen too).  I knew a lady that used to let her dog eat off her fork, and then she would continue eating using the same fork.   It is no wonder that she's single.  ;)

I have 16 sled dogs. Yup yup,... I never let them "kiss me" . I've witnessed for years what they ingest and where they lick themselves. Luckily for them they have a germ killing enzyme in their saliva that allows them to eat a whole host of things that would most likely sicken a human. Sometimes fatally.
I can't remember the exact name of it but if my memory serves me correctly it's called lycozine or lykozone or lyconine or lyzine.. ?????????
As a matter of fact I heard an old man say,"If you have an infected wound let one of your dogs lick it. There's something in his mouth that'll help it heal you."
I've let them do that to my hand a cpl times as an experiment then graduated to a nasty cut from a rusty nail. Worked better than polysporin, bacitrin and alcohol wipes and all that rot. But I still don't let them kiss me.
Chickens now,.... Chickens do ingest chicken dung. The wee babies need to ingest it to introduce gut flora to their own systems because they aren't born with it. Like a moose licking her babies mouth area to introduce the enzymes necessary to digest the foods it eats. Same as a horse, a cow, a dog, a sheep.
I still don't let my dogs kiss me. Or my horses. Or my geese. Or my chickens. Or a moose....
And if any of them eat off my plate it's after I've finished with it, AND I don't eat off of it till Iv'e washed it with hot water and soap.
I don't intend to insult, hurt or anger anyone. I just wish to share what little I know in hopes it will help.
HAGD. it's a beaut.

bow.gif

100% agree!

I don't know how people let their dogs lick their faces or any other body part for that matter. Chickens might eat moldy food or intestines, but at least they don't eat the feces of other animals (or their own...I've seen that happen too). I knew a lady that used to let her dog eat off her fork, and then she would continue eating using the same fork. It is no wonder that she's single. ;)

Ummm...... in some cultures babies are not diapered, the dogs clean up after them.

I had an acquaintance who used to encourage her dog to "clean the cat box." She let this animal lick her face and even share her ice cream cones. It was a difficult acquaintanceship for me; but she was very close to one of my closest friends, until my closest friend took a microbiology course.

I have 16 sled dogs. Yup yup,... I never let them "kiss me" . I've witnessed for years what they ingest and where they lick themselves. Luckily for them they have a germ killing enzyme in their saliva that allows them to eat a whole host of things that would most likely sicken a human. Sometimes fatally.
I can't remember the exact name of it but if my memory serves me correctly it's called lycozine or lykozone or lyconine or lyzine.. ?????????
As a matter of fact I heard an old man say,"If you have an infected wound let one of your dogs lick it. There's something in his mouth that'll help it heal you."
I've let them do that to my hand a cpl times as an experiment then graduated to a nasty cut from a rusty nail. Worked better than polysporin, bacitrin and alcohol wipes and all that rot. But I still don't let them kiss me.
Chickens now,.... Chickens do ingest chicken dung. The wee babies need to ingest it to introduce gut flora to their own systems because they aren't born with it. Like a moose licking her babies mouth area to introduce the enzymes necessary to digest the foods it eats. Same as a horse, a cow, a dog, a sheep.
I still don't let my dogs kiss me. Or my horses. Or my geese. Or my chickens. Or a moose....
And if any of them eat off my plate it's after I've finished with it, AND I don't eat off of it till Iv'e washed it with hot water and soap.
I don't intend to insult, hurt or anger anyone. I just wish to share what little I know in hopes it will help.
HAGD. it's a beaut.

I've heard that about dog saliva, too.

HAGD. it's a beaut.
I don't know man, if I'm out in the woods by myself and a moose wanted to kiss me, well, unless I'm up a stout tree, I guess she's going to kiss me. Just hopes she doesn't want tongue.
wink.png

I don't know man, if I'm out in the woods by myself and a moose wanted to kiss me, well, unless I'm up a stout tree, I guess she's going to kiss me.  Just hopes she doesn't want tongue.  ;)

LOL. Yeah eh.
I was about 75-100 from a big old cow in a field once. Wide open country. Saw her from a distance and ran about 1/2 mile quartering away from her on her downwind side. Once straight downwind I ran the first 50 yards straight to her then eventually got to walking speed. Over a distance of 150 yards I just watched her and moved when she was doing whatever. I knew moose rely on their sences of smell and hearing but only just then realized how blind they really are. At about that very instant I realized how utterly stupid I was to approach a fully mature cow moose, in breeding season no less, in the middle of a huge field, no trees, no rifle.......no brains.
She was indeedy huge enough that I would most definitely not be in a situation to defend myself if she became amorous. I may have been forced to experience a moose kiss first hand wether or not I was ready and or willing I suppose.
All said, I will still refrain from kissing my dogs, horses, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, pigeons and rabbits, and if a moose ever comes at me in an amorous fashion I will indeed run to the closest stout tree.
I got a good chuckle from your post. As well as some sound advise.
Thanks bigmrg74. You have yourself a good day.

LOL. Yeah eh.
I was about 75-100 from a big old cow in a field once. Wide open country. Saw her from a distance and ran about 1/2 mile quartering away from her on her downwind side. Once straight downwind I ran the first 50 yards straight to her then eventually got to walking speed. Over a distance of 150 yards I just watched her and moved when she was doing whatever. I knew moose rely on their sences of smell and hearing but only just then realized how blind they really are. At about that very instant I realized how utterly stupid I was to approach a fully mature cow moose, in breeding season no less, in the middle of a huge field, no trees, no rifle.......no brains.
She was indeedy huge enough that I would most definitely not be in a situation to defend myself if she became amorous. I may have been forced to experience a moose kiss first hand wether or not I was ready and or willing I suppose.
All said, I will still refrain from kissing my dogs, horses, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, pigeons and rabbits, and if a moose ever comes at me in an amorous fashion I will indeed run to the closest stout tree.
I got a good chuckle from your post. As well as some sound advise.
Thanks bigmrg74. You have yourself a good day.
Yeah, I don't think you would really want to sneak up on a moose cow like that, without a rifle or a good compound bow with some broadheads at the ready.

I don't know man, if I'm out in the woods by myself and a moose wanted to kiss me, well, unless I'm up a stout tree, I guess she's going to kiss me.  Just hopes she doesn't want tongue.  ;)

My friend in Idaho found a baby moose and was rehabing it becauae it had a broken leg. After feedibg him he gave me a big lick on the side of my face so you could say I was kissed by a moose lol, just watch out for fore play hooves would hurt a bit lol.

Last edited:
Had a half jar of queso dip in the fridge that had been in there a while and was starting to get kinda iffy, so I let my girls have it this morning. Poured most of it out and left in sitting upside down in the coop to let most of it out. Later on one of them had clearly stuck her whole head into the jar trying to get the last of it out as there was just queso all over her head to her neck.

Back
Top Bottom